4 Year Old Pre-School
Discovery (5-day program)
Monday thru Friday afternoons.
12pm to 3:30pm
Extended Day Option Available. Click here for more details
What's special about our 4's program....
- Our Trip Around the World- we visit countries that have cultural connections to our families
- Study Native American Indian Life
- Learn about Great Artists such as Matisse, Van Gogh
- Be Amazed as our real-live chicks hatch
- Experience space travel
- Dramatic play, using your imagination to become a doctor, go to the hospital or visit the supermarket and shop for food - the possibilities are endless
- See how our class "Peace Keeper" solves problems
- AND how we incorporate the common core curriculum in our own unique developmentally appropriate way
The teaching techniques at Merrick Community release the imaginations of the children. They are designed to exercise fine motor skills while producing competency and self-esteem. Traditional and nontraditional materials are used to let children use all their senses. They will see the wide range of possibilities available to them, and the potential for success is in their hands.
Academic readiness for kindergarten includes learning and writing letters and numbers, language arts, literacy activities and science.
Four year olds will experience the thrill of space travel, the culture of a pow wow and the celebration of the circus throughout the year all while meeting the great artists of the past.